Here are the Rosters, Daily Court Assignments, and the Team Tournament Guidelines for the SJPA Team Tournament on Oct 1, 2, 3, 2021.
The captains are Cathy Rollins, Kathy McArthur, Laurie Morgan & Cindy Hettinger.
Each of the documents below can be viewed and downloaded (NOTE: ROSTER WAS REVISED ON 9/13/21):
—Team Tournament REVISED Rosters
—Team Tournament Daily Court Assignments
—Team Tournament Guidelines
Registration is over.
There is a cap of 150 players. Registration will end September 1st. When registration is full, you will be wait listed. When someone unregisters, the next in line is notified and automatically registered.
- All SJPA 2.0 through 4.0 rated men and women members are encouraged to sign up.
- Registration will run from August 1st through September 1st on the SJPA website at www.stjamespickleball.com.
- You must be rated at the time of registration.
The tournament will be set up with round robin style play with men’s, women’s and mixed doubles and with various combinations.
- Each team will be comprised of similar players, i.e. (4) 2.5, (4) 3.0, (4) 3.5.
- Captains will pick players using a blind draw by rating and gender so the teams are as random and equal as possible.
- For example, 2.5 vs 2.5, 3.0 vs, 3.0, 3.5 vs 3.5.
- There will also be pairings of a 2.5 with a 3.0, a 3.0 with a 3.5, and a 4.0 with a 3.0 vs two 3.5s.
- The main goal of this tournament is mass participation and lots of fun.
- It will run through the entire weekend with lots of matches.
- Games will be 12 minutes and matches will be best 2 out of 3.
Tournament Extracurricular Fun:
- On Oct 1st, the Slider Provider will be at the courts so you can purchase food and drinks while playing or watching your team.
- On Oct 2nd, The Clubs will be providing a complimentary upscale lunch for all tournament players.
- On Oct 3rd, Tournament finale will be an awards dinner at The Members Club for the tournament players and two free drink tickets.
—The cost per player is $25 and will include all play. The Clubs lunch on Oct 2nd and the awards dinner on October 3rd (with two free drink tickets).
You can also include your non player spouse for dinner for $35 so they can attend the banquet with you. After you register as a player, please send an email to email@example.com with the name of your non player spouse that will attend the banquet. The $35 can be dropped off at the same place as your registration. Checks payable to the SJPA.
There is a cap of 150 players so sign up on the website starting August 1st. Registration will end September 1st. When registration is full, you will be wait listed. When someone unregisters, the next in line is notified and automatically registered.
This will be fun for everyone at every level.
After you register, please drop your $25 check made payable to SJPA into the box on the porch at the following locations:
- Players – Laurie Morgan 4164 Skeffington Ct
- Reserve – Andrea Velez 3014 Ashton Dr
- Founders – Wendy Casterline 3381 St James Dr
- The Grove – Sharen Hausmann 2240 St James Dr
- Woodlands – Bob Nail 2546 Parkridge Dr
- Seaside – Diana Kelly 3116 Inland Cove Dr
- Members – Scott Hettinger 3217 Wexford Way