All questions will be reviewed, we may not be able to post all of the Q&A on the web site, but we will try to respond to all questions. The form is at the bottom of this page.
Q. Who decides if a ball is IN or OUT?
A. There’s new information about calling the score and line calls. Here’s the simplified version of the Pickleball IN/OUT Calls.
Players are responsible for making line calls on their side of the court. Either player can make the call, but they both must agree.
If the ball touches any part of the line, it is IN. Except the kitchen line. It cannot touch the kitchen line.
If the ball touches outside of the line, it is OUT. You should see a space between the line and the ball. If you don’t see a space, then it’s too close to call and the ball should be called IN.
The OUT call must be made promptly – as soon as it is seen as OUT.
If there is a question or doubt of any kind, then the call goes to the benefit of the other team.
For the full set of rules, refer to Section 6 of the USAPA & IFP Official 2020 Rulebook.
Is There Such a Thing as Pickleball Etiquette?
A question was sent asking about court etiquette. Whether you are new to racquet sports or a seasoned player, we all know there are a few actions we should all follow to respect the other players on the court. Pickleball is a “social” sport. This generally means that pickleball is as much about interacting and…
Pickleball Safety – AVOIDING DEHYDRATION
If you’ve been more tired than normal, maybe have a nagging headache, wake up at night with leg cramps, feel a little dizzy – there’s a good chance you are dehydrated. There are some things you can do prior to outdoor physical activity, to try and prevent dehydration: Drink 2, 8 oz. glasses of water…
TOP 14 ETIQUETTE RULES FOR PICKLEBALL
– rules that you won’t find in any official pickleball tournament handbook or rulebook. When somebody inadvertently hits a ball onto your court from an adjacent court, retrieve it and toss them that same ball that they hit onto your court. Don’t switch balls. I repeat, don’t switch balls. When retrieving a ball from an adjacent court,…
- Is There Such a Thing as Pickleball Etiquette?
- Pickleball Safety – AVOIDING DEHYDRATION
- TOP 14 ETIQUETTE RULES FOR PICKLEBALL
- Q: Positions during serve- When you are serving, must your partner be behind the back line? Is it a rule? Thanks 🙂
- Around the Post (ATP)
- Our Opponent Dropped Their Paddle on the Court During Play, Do They Lose the Point?
- The #1 Move to AVOID in Pickleball
- Every time My Partner Calls the Wrong Score the Opposing Team Says We Must Replay That Point.
- My Partner Yelled, “OUT.” The Ball Then Landed In and My Partner Yelled, “No, it’s IN.” The Opposing Team Said You Called It Out.
- New Rules added for 2022: NO Chainsaw serves, NO Swearing!!!
- Andrea: Any Suggestions for Playing With a Lefty
- A Few More Questions Have Come in About Line Calls
- We Are Just Beginners, What Are The Rules?
- Hey, Al, What Did Bob Say About The Pickleball Ten Commandments?
- The ball is in the air. Your partner yells “out.” The ball lands in. However, your opponents stop playing because of the “out” call. What’s the call?
- With the New Rules for 2021, Can I Hit the Ball Up, Then Let It Bounce So I Can Get a Real High Bounce?
- Are They Really Making Changes to the Official 2021 Pickleball Rule Book?
- What Should Be the Height of the Net?
- How Long and Wide is a Pickleball Court?
- Q. After stepping in non-Volley Zone (NVZ) then stepping out of NVZ with one foot can I then step back in to NVZ?
- Q. Is It Important to Wear Court Shoes When Playing Pickleball