All questions will be reviewed, we may not be able to post all of the Q&A on the web site, but we will try to respond to all questions. The form is at the bottom of this page.
Q. Who decides if a ball is IN or OUT?
A. There’s new information about calling the score and line calls. Here’s the simplified version of the Pickleball IN/OUT Calls.
Players are responsible for making line calls on their side of the court. Either player can make the call, but they both must agree.
If the ball touches any part of the line, it is IN. Except the kitchen line. It cannot touch the kitchen line.
If the ball touches outside of the line, it is OUT. You should see a space between the line and the ball. If you don’t see a space, then it’s too close to call and the ball should be called IN.
The OUT call must be made promptly – as soon as it is seen as OUT.
If there is a question or doubt of any kind, then the call goes to the benefit of the other team.
A question was sent asking about court etiquette. Whether you are new to racquet sports or a seasoned player, we all know there are a few actions we should all follow to respect the other players on the court. Pickleball is a “social” sport. This generally means that pickleball is as much about interacting and…
Throughout your journey as a pickleball player, you may find yourself sending your shot over to your opponents’ side higher than you would like, more frequently than you would like. That’s not ideal because the higher you send the ball over to the other side, the more likely you are to be attacked. Especially if…
– rules that you won’t find in any official pickleball tournament handbook or rulebook. When somebody inadvertently hits a ball onto your court from an adjacent court, retrieve it and toss them that same ball that they hit onto your court. Don’t switch balls. I repeat, don’t switch balls. When retrieving a ball from an adjacent…
- Is There Such a Thing as Pickleball Etiquette?
- 7 Tips to Help You Keep the Ball Low
- TOP 14 ETIQUETTE RULES FOR PICKLEBALL
- Q: Positions during serve- When you are serving, must your partner be behind the back line? Is it a rule? Thanks 🙂
- Around the Post (ATP)
- Our Opponent Dropped Their Paddle on the Court During Play, Do They Lose the Point?
- The #1 Move to AVOID in Pickleball
- Every time My Partner Calls the Wrong Score the Opposing Team Says We Must Replay That Point.
- My Partner Yelled, “OUT.” The Ball Then Landed In and My Partner Yelled, “No, it’s IN.” The Opposing Team Said You Called It Out.
- New Rules added for 2022: NO Chainsaw serves, NO Swearing!!!
- Andrea: Any Suggestions for Playing With a Lefty
- A Few More Questions Have Come in About Line Calls
- We Are Just Beginners, What Are The Rules?
- Hey, Al, What Did Bob Say About The Pickleball Ten Commandments?
- The ball is in the air. Your partner yells “out.” The ball lands in. However, your opponents stop playing because of the “out” call. What’s the call?
- What Should Be the Height of the Net?
- How Long and Wide is a Pickleball Court?
- Q. After stepping in non-Volley Zone (NVZ) then stepping out of NVZ with one foot can I then step back in to NVZ?
- Q. Is It Important to Wear Court Shoes When Playing Pickleball